The original nine-hole course at Dunmurry was designed and laid by GS Dunn in 1905 but renovations in 1973 and further work by T.J McAuley in 1977 saw it increase to an 18-hole layout. Early family links to the Lisburn linen industry are reflected in the club emblem which features a flax hammer used in the production of linen fibre.
The new clubhouse facilities and course offer some of the best parkland golf in Ulster. The par four 11th is a great hole. Trees mean danger left and right for the tee shot which must also avoid fairway bunkers to set up an approach to large green featuring some subtle borrows.